Re: Aquatic Apes 3 of 5

Steve Sohn (sasohn@pipeline.com)
3 Dec 1994 23:05:43 -0500

sircpu@aol.com (Sir CPU) wrote:

>In article <3aism8$ft4@news.ecn.bgu.edu>,
>msrjc@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu (Robert J. Cokel) writes:

>No. If you watch a tiger, even in a zoo, they will play
>in the water and actually enjoy being in the water.
>It is not simply to cool them down. If that were true,
>you would see relatives of the tiger, like the lion,
>going in the water in Africa to get cool. But this
>doesn't happen

Can we conclusively say that the tiger "enjoying" the water is
not the tiger enjoying the cooling of the water? Further, is
the "playing" in the water not acquired from satisfaction of a
requirement?

Lions and other savanah cats would not be frequently aquatic
because of a lack of extensive wetlands.

If it were done when 'tis done,
then 'twere well it were done quickly:

My message is done.

Steve Sohn