Re: aquatic equus?

karen@uab.edu
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 19:20:34 GMT

Holly Reeser <reeser@flmnh.ufl.edu> wrote:

>I am currently working from fossils from Leisey Shell Pit. In broad
>strokes....if I was assuming that finding fossils in an aquatice context
>presupposes that they were themselves aquatically adapted then my Equus
>fossils must represent a period in the evolution of the horse when they
>were too aquatic since their remains were found in association with
>marine organisms deposited in a shallow embayment. Eureka it is a
>breakthrough!

Oh my! Which of course means that it only follows that my marine
fossils that are found in context with an estuarine
environment...along with terrestrial living fossils, were already
adapted to terrestrial living...which of course means that the sharks,
ray, etc., were already moving to land and evolved into extant
elephant species. It of course has nothing to do with the sand
lenses.
;)

Karen