Re: Cremo and Thompson

Jim Foley (jimf@vangelis.co.symbios.com)
14 Aug 1996 18:52:01 GMT

In article <320B3F04.2102@econs.umass.edu>,
Herbert Gintis <gintis@econs.umass.edu> wrote:

>Since I spend a lot of time on population biology, behavioral ecology,
>and the like, a friend sent me two big fat books by Cremo and Thompson
>criticizing the `establishment' theory of the evolution of H. sapiens.
>From my slight knowledge of paleontology, I think I know what's wrong
>with their argument, but I sure would appreciate an authoritative source
>to refer him to.

Not an authoritative source, but there is a web page at
http://earth.ics.uci.edu:8080/faqs/mom.html which addresses some of
Cremo and Thompson's arguments which were used in the the TV show
"Mysterious Origins of Man", shown earlier this year on NBC.

BTW, what do you think is wrong with their argument?

--
Jim (Chris) Foley, jim.foley@symbios.com
Assoc. Prof. of Omphalic Envy Research interest: