Re: data

Harry Erwin (herwin@gmu.edu)
Sun, 06 Aug 1995 20:40:05 -0400

In article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.950805190246.3276A-100000@bonjour.cc.columbia.edu>, Ralph L
Holloway <rlh2@columbia.edu> wrote:

> A question for Alex and Harry: What happens when you confine your
> cladistic analyses for Siva, Pongo, Giganto, etc., to purely mandibular
> characters? Isolated teeth and mandibles are ALL that is known to exist
> for Giganto. Ralph Holloway.

Lufengpithecus moves over the base of the Gig/Pongo clade. It had been at
the base of the Siva clade (which consists of a large and a small species,
both sexually dimorphic, following Wu and Oxnard). I turned off canine
tooth dimorphism (since that scales with size), and the same thing still
happened.

--
Harry Erwin
Internet: herwin@gmu.edu