Re: I Actually Saw a Live Pith...

Daniel Yee (danny@cs.su.oz.au)
7 Aug 1995 17:08:36 +1000

In article <bardDCrnH1.LEq@netcom.com>, BARD <bard@netcom.com> wrote:
> You'll recall they laughed at Christopher Columbus when he
> said the world was round; the Wright Brothers before Kitty Hawk;
> the New York Mets in... Scratch that... I think you get the point..

I think so: comparing yourself with Columbus (or Galileo) is a sure
sign of a crank. (By the way, most people in medieval Europe knew
the Earth was round. It is pure myth that they all thought the world
was flat.)

> Yeah, I don't have to take no gruff from you. I did my time in
> Vietnam..

That's interesting, because the current most objectionable entity on
anthro-l also served in Vietnam. I wonder if there is some connection.

Danny Yee.