Re: Who Killed the Australopithecines?

Dave Oldridge (doldridg@fox.nstn.ns.ca)
20 Apr 1995 10:04:32 -0300

In article <3n1rdk$hpu@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,
vincent1@ix.netcom.com (Vincent DeLuca) wrote:

> In the study of Mitochondrial DNA it has been shown
> (Wilson,Caan) that there has been no passage of genes from H. Erectus
> >to H.Sapiens. One can agree with Bard that a sort of genocide took
> >place on H.Erectus. One can also assume that this may be the case of
> >the Australopithecines.

How does the study of Mitochondrial DNA show that there is no passage of
genes from H. Erectus to H. Sapiens, pray tell? And how do you square
the theory that it does with the FACT that we have a lot of genes in
common with the pongids, especially the chimpanzee species?

--
Dave Oldridge
doldridg@fox.nstn.ns.ca