Re: Who Killed the Australopithecines?

JoeBeaver (joebeaver@aol.com)
14 Apr 1995 19:53:05 -0400

BARD writes:

> So your acceptance of the premise is more connected to
> what you believe about other species than what you *know*
> about A. species...?

> BARD

I seem to be missing something here. (I know, I know, I really
walked into it with that one.) My acceptance of the premise in question
is dependent on evidence in support thereof. The "large terrestrial"
discussion does not provide any evidence _for_ the premise--it only
provides evidence against a possible argument against the premise. To put
it more generically, the assumption does not lead to the conclusion--the
assumption being the "large terrestrial" and the conclusion being the
premise in question.
I think it's possible that we've gotten so far away from the original
question (the 'premise') that we are no longer arguing about the same
thing. It might be useful to go back to the beginning. To that end,
perhaps you would post the 'premise' again, along with your reasoning.
That way, we would both be sure we were talking about the same thing.

Joe Beaver