Re: Ebola virus news report

Paul Dokas (pbd@winternet.com)
10 Apr 1995 16:44:29 GMT

J. Moore (j#d#.moore@canrem.com) wrote:
> In Sunday's Toronto Star there is a report, originally from US News and
> World Report, of the Ebola virus infecting "a Swiss scientist studying
> chimpanzees in Ivory Coast". It mentions she survived, but didn't
> mention her name. Is this, as I would assume, Hedwige Boesch?
>
> (Hedwige and Christophe Boesch are the two who've been studying chimps
> there for some years now, and who did the studies of nut-cracking with
> tools by chimps there.) If someone has a news source with more info,
> perhaps they could post it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Moore (j#d#.moore@canrem.com)

I heard a bit on NPR (All Things Considered) about an Ebola outbreak
in the Australian outback. It started in a group of horses and
infected at least one person (he died from the disease). The out-
break was contained by a quick response from the Aus. government.

All of that is from memory, so take it with a large grain
of salt...

paul

--
#include <stddisclaimer.h> | Paul Dokas