Re: Apology for Bard

BARD (bard@netcom.com)
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 13:27:41 GMT

In article <3m1bv8$c8i@jupiter.wichitaks.hmpd.com>,
Jim Foley <jimf@vangelis.FtCollins.NCR.com> wrote:
>In article <3luqro$8an@rebecca.albany.edu>,
>Phil Nicholls <pn8886@csc.albany.edu> wrote:
>
>>If most of the participants reading this thread feel I am out of
>>line on this point I will withdrawl my complaint and apologize
>>to BARD. Regardless of how the vote goes on this topic I don't
>>want him to leave or lose his access to usenet. All I want him
>>to do is stop flaming people.
>
>I don't consider you out of line, although I don't think there's much
>point complaining to netcom. I doubt his conduct here justifies their
>taking any action against him. The best thing we can do is ignore the
>idiot and let him do his trolling elsewhere.
>--
>Jim Foley Symbios Logic, Fort Collins
>Jim.Foley@symbios.com (303) 223-5100 x9765

Thank you, sir...

In the spirit of the oft-heard cry, "I may not like what he's
saying, but I'll defend his right to say it," it is clear
the message you're attempting to express is that the larger
issue here is more important than either Phil Nicholls or
myself.

Score Card
__________

BARD Phil Nicholls

4 2

NEWSFLASH!!!
Phil Nicholls has just informed me by email that
my carrier, Netcom, has also voted in my favor by rejecting his
petition for censure.

Re-Tally
_______

BARD Phil Nicholls

5 2

Well, now, earlier in this thread, Phil Nicholls said he'd
apologize to me if I won the vote...

Hmmm...

BARD