Re: On the importance of sticks.

Clifford R. Mosley (cmosley@access.digex.net)
3 Apr 1995 20:39:01 GMT

In article <3lmses$qsm@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, ravenheart@aol.com
(Ravenheart) wrote:

> I, too, am new here. However, I think that the pointed stick is grossly
> underestimated. I know that I would want a good stout stick in hand if I
> was facing an irate dog. I might not be able to hurt him much, but I sure
> could convince him that he could find better prey. However, like any
> subscriber to the tenets of machismo, I think that I could hurt him a good
> deal with a good stick.
> Everyours,
> -Ravenheart

Ever watch a toddler on an outing to the woods. First thing he or she does
is grab a stick and start bashing things with it. They will carry it
around for a long while. Much longer than average attention span. They
don't like it if you take it away either. Just an observation, but it
appears we could be "wired" that way.

Cliff