Re: Social Power, Entropy & Indolence

Doug Weller (dweller@RAMTOPS.DEMON.CO.UK)
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 08:41:04 +0000

In message <Pine.3.89.9603170046.A25432-0100000@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
Ruby Rohrlich <rohrlich@GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU> wrote:

> I think the people on this list exercise power by refusing to get a woman
> as manager or gov ernor. That's one of the things that's wrong with this
> list. Ruby Rohrlich

Let me see. I am exercising power by what? When did you
see a post from me refusing anything? And what makes you think
I have the power to do anything? The fact that there are no
women on the board almost certainly reflects male dominance in
society, including a lot of academia, but you seem to be asserting
it is a plot of all the list members. It's not, it's just a
'circumstance', not a deliberate decision.
What differences do you see if there were women members of the
board, by the way?