Re: studentadvising...what one shouldn't say

Adrienne Dearmas (DearmasA@AOL.COM)
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 08:04:39 -0500

In a message dated 96-02-29 20:02:43 EST, rohrlich@GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU (Ruby
Rohrlich) writes:

>Have you noticed that it's n ot only students who don't want to give
>female teachers the academic title they give to male teachers; When women
>teachers apply for jobs they are also routinely given the honorary marriage
>title in interviews. Ruby Rohrlich

Who are these people? Maybe I have been in urbania too long and have lost
touch with the small town mentality, but I have never known anyone who would
address a female professor firmly ensconced in academia by anything less than
"professor"!! Frankly, I assume that anyone not worthy of the title
"professor" or "Dr." (i.e., said person has only their BA or BS) should not
be teaching at a college/university level to begin with.

- Adrienne