New Ejournal and Ebook publisher of interest to Anthropologists

Hugh W Jarvis (hjarvis@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 14:39:29 -0500

For your interest, another electronic journal!
Cheers,
Hugh

Hugh Jarvis...hjarvis@acsu.buffalo.edu
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 22:24:36 +1000
From:Teodor.Flonta@modlang.utas.edu.au
To: hjarvis@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: New Ejournal and Ebook publisher of interest to Anthropologists

Hi,

> I have just published the first electronic journal of paremiology (proverb
>studies) on the Web and two books with a proverbial content.
I would be really very very grateful if you could spread the news through
your list.

>Some sketchy notes on the two ventures:

1. "De Proverbio: An Electronic Journal of International Proverb Studies",
Volume 1 - Number 1 - 1995 (ISSN 1323-4633) is edited by Dr. Teodor Flonta
at the Department of Modern Languages-Italian (University of Tasmania,
Australia) (email: Teodor.Flonta@modlang.utas.edu.au) and it is a scholarly
refereed journal. The first issue contains articles on a variety of issues
concerning paremiology (proverb studies) ranging from the perception of
proverbiality to proverb use in Hitler's 'Mein Kampf', which can be of
interest for non scholars also.

"De Proverbio" can be viewed at the following URL
http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/

2. "De Proverbio: An Electronic Book Publisher" is located momentarily in De
Proverbio Database of "De Proverbio: An Electronic Journal of International
Proverb Studies", Volume 1 - Number 1 - 1995. Two books are published
there already: 'Lettera in proverbi'-ISBN 1 875943 01 3 -
written in the sixteen century by an
Italian humanist (edited by T. Flonta) and a second edition of "English-Romanian
Dictionary of Equivalent Proverbs"- ISBN 1 875943 00 5 -
(T. Flonta).

"De Proverbio" can be viewed at the following URL
http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/

For "Lettera in proverbi", the complete URL is
http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/letter.html and for "English-Romanian
Dictionary of Equivalent Proverbs
http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/dictionary.html

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Ciao,

Teodor

Teodor Flonta Tel. (002) 202321
Department of Modern Languages (Italian) International +61 02 202321
University of Tasmania Fax. (002) 207813
GPO Box 252C International +61 02 207813
Hobart TASMANIA 7001