Re: Robert Johnson: The Good

Ania Lian (ania@LINGUA.CLTR.UQ.OZ.AU)
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 15:16:10 +1000

On Sat, 4 Mar 1995, Matthew S. Tomaso wrote:

> I enjoyed Vance Geiger's recent post very much, but I think it begs a
> not-so-difficult-question - If there never will and never has been absolute
> equality should we not work toward it? I for one, fail to see the
> connection between the fact that life has always had power relations and
> one's goals of subverting them.

I think that the argument referred to the "natural order" of things rather
than to any values of the author. It showed the paradox in calling on to
immitate something (the natural order i.e. the "highest" truth and
therefore the only true model) that is not there ("inequity" of one kind
or another is everywhere).

ania lian :-)