Re: graduate program inquiry

Natalie Marie Underberg (natamu@UCLINK3.BERKELEY.EDU)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:17:09 -0700

Hi Erica,

A helpful guide is the American Anthropological Association's annual guide
to anthropology programs. It covers undergraduate and graduate programs.
Next to each professor's name is a listing of his/her areas of research.
You may not be able to check it out but your school or a nearby school
will probably have it for reference use only in their library.

Also, talking to the professors in your department may help; they can
usually steer you towards people to talk to.

Best of luck,

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Erica Anderson wrote:

> I am a senior anthropology student at Southwest Texas State University. I will
> graduate with a
> bachelor's degree in anthropology and Spanish in May 1997.
> I am looking for an anthropology graduate program which will allow me to correla
> te ecology or
> environmental studies courses with the anthropology courses. I want to study pe
> asant farming
> and traditional farming practices.
> I have traveled a few times to Central America and would like to focus on this r
> egion. I hope
> to carry out research on peasant farming in the highlands of Chiapas next summer
> . I will focus on
> traditional farming techniques, the present situation of peasant farmers, and pa
> rticipate in seed
> collection.
> Please send me any information relating to this topic.
> Thank you,
> Erica Anderson